SpringHill’s Answers to the 6 Key Questions
What do we believe to be true? Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, to be inerrantly inspired of God and authority in matters of Christian faith and practice.
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son, is fully God and fully human. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. His sinless life, voluntary substitutionary death, shed blood, and bodily resurrection was necessary and sufficient for the redemption of man. He will visibly return to earth in glory to consummate His Kingdom.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is fully God. Through His power and presence, He is the effective agent in the new birth. Through His indwelling, He empowers the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe that man was created by God in His image as a moral and rational being. The historic fall of man into sin and his disobedience, individually and corporately, produced divine condemnation.
- We believe that only those who repent of their sins and believe in Jesus Christ are saved, having been born again of the Holy Spirit, forgiven and declared righteous by God.
- We believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons who have trusted in Jesus Christ for their salvation, and that involvement in a local church is normative for a growing believer.
- We believe the redeemed will be resurrected bodily to the everlasting presence and enjoyment of God, and the unredeemed will be resurrected to judgment and everlasting punishment.
What’s important to us? SpringHill Core Values
- We are about Jesus Christ and His message of grace, hope and love. As a result, we acknowledge Christ as the center of what we do and who we are, thus God’s Word and prayer are cornerstones of our work.
- We are about children, teens and young adults. We are committed to their ongoing spiritual and personal development as well as the general well-being of all young people from all backgrounds and life circumstances.
- We think “lost” and “how can we reach them?” As a result, we will always strive to effectively create SpringHill experiences where more kids can experience Jesus Christ and be changed. Ephesians 2:17-18
- We possess a passionate commitment to be relevant. The result of this is the integration between faith, diversity in programming, and a resolve to engage and connect with each and every young person at their level of maturity and ability.
- We are committed to do our work of presenting Jesus Christ within the context of a personal loving and caring relationship.
- We possess a passionate commitment to exceeding expectations and providing an outstanding experience, service and value.
- We are learning and mission-driven organization. We are always looking for ways we can be more effective accomplishing our Mission. Because of this, change and risk are a part of our fabric.
- We accomplish our work through the partnership of staff, donors, volunteers, like-minded ministries and organizations who are committed to our vision, mission, and core values. This means we expend a great deal of energy finding, developing, retaining, and challenging our staff, donors, volunteers and ministry partners on to greater works of service, leadership and impact in Christ’s Kingdom.
Why do we exist? Mission
To create life-impacting experiences that enable young people to know and to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
What makes us distinct? Hedgehog/Philosophy of Ministry/Brand – SpringHill Experience (SHX)
- God Immersed – Recognizing that it is God through Christ who works to change the lives of young people, not our programming and planning
- Embracing – Being a welcoming place for all kinds of young people regardless of where they are spiritually, physically, emotionally, or socio-economically.
- Innovation – Specifically designing our programs, facilities, and activities to be creative, relevant, fun and challenging experiences that kids typically do not have available at home
- Integrating – Making no distinction between faith and fun to help kids discover spiritual truth inside everyday experiences
- Professional – Continually seeking feedback to understand ways we can improve in order to exceed the expectations of a camp experience. Demonstrating that we are competent and eager to take care of young people
- Community-Focused – Everything at SpringHill happens within small communities that facilitate and enhance relationships.
What do we want to become? Vision
To be a pioneering ministry and influential ally who will not rest until every young person has heard, seen, and experienced Jesus Christ in a life – transforming way.
What do we want to achieve in 15, 20, or 25 years? Big Hairy Audacious God Goal – BHAGG
By 2025, 260,000 campers annually will experience SpringHill.
Revised on May 19, 2012